View count: 15230
Biomedical Engineering Lab –PI: Dr. Chih-Sheng Lin
Studying the molecular mechanism of fibrotic remodeling in the hearts with cardiovascular disease
Fabricating biosensing systems for pathogen detection in clinical and food
Using microalgal technology for carbon dioxide reduction and biodiesel production
Clinical-Biochemical Engineering Lab –PI: Dr. Jen-Tan Mao
Pharmaceutical-Drug Research and Development
Atherosclerosis, Restenosis, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Ischemia,and Thrombosis
Bio-computational Lab – PI: Dr. Jenn-Kang Hwang
Structure prediction and classification
Prediction of protein subcellular localization
Intelligent Computing Lab – PI: Dr. Shinn-Ying Ho
Systems Biology: gene regulatory network, optimization of energy function
Computational Biology: protein structural prediction, protein-ligand docking
Microarray analysis: Gene expression data analysis, Feature selection and classification
Evolutionary Computation: intelligent evolutionary algorithms, optimization problem solving
Machine Learning: pattern recognition, data mining, artificial intelligence
Optimization theory: combinatorial optimization, optimization of large-scale systems
Enzyme and Protein Engineering Lab –PI: Dr. Yuh-Shyong Yang
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Bioelectronics: Enzyme chip and microfluid system for biomolecular separation and direct detection
- Biochemical ecology: Proteomics of seed germination and Enzymatic response to environmental pressure
Applied Microbiology & Biochemistry Lab –PI: Dr. Ching-Ping Tseng
- Applied Microbiology
- Stem Cell & Tissue Engineering
- Functional Genomic Systems Biology
- Bio-energy & Environmental Biotechnology
Bioinorganic & Bioanalytical Chemistry Lab –PI: Dr. Cheng Chang
- Bioinorganic Chemistry:
- Proteomics and Biochemical Engineering
- Biopharmaceuticals and Medicine
- Bioanalytical Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering
BioXGEM – PI: Dr. Jinn-Moon Yang
- Protein-Ligand Docking / Virtual Drug Screening (GEMDOCK)
- Computer-aided Drug Design (QSAR/Toxicity prediction) (GEMDOCK)
- Systems Biology: Protein-Protein (Protein-DNA) Interaction/Docking & Pathway (DAPID)
- Protein Folding [(PS)2] & Structural Bioinformatics (3D-BLAST)
- Machine Learning and Applications: Genetic algorithms, evolution strategies, and evolutionary programming
Electrocardiology and Cardiovascular Bioinformatics Lab –PI: Dr. Ten-Fang Yang
Time domain and frequency domain Signal Averaged ECG
Clinical Application of Heart Rate Variability
Medical Image Processing in Cardiology
Standard 12-lead electrocardiography
Frank and Derived Vectorcardiography
Parametric Modeling of SAECG
Lab – PI: Dr. Yun-Ming Wang
- Bioinorganic chemistry and molecular imaging
- Paramagnetic metal complex and bio-activated metal complex for magnetic resonance imaging;
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle (SPIO) for magnetic resonance imaging;
- Contrast agent for molecular imaging;
- Probe for optical imaging
Bioinformatics Algorithm Lab– PI: Dr. Chin Lung Lu
We are interested in the design and analysis of algorithms, including bioinformatics algorithms, combinatorial optimization algorithms and graph algorithms, and the development and applications of bioinformatics software tools. Current research topics in our lab include sequence alignment, genome rearrangement, evolutionary tree prediction, RNA/Protein structural prediction and comparison, etc.
Biomedical Engineering Lab –PI: Dr. Chih-Sheng Lin
- Studying the molecular mechanism of fibrotic remodeling in the hearts with cardiovascular disease
- Fabricating biosensing systems for pathogen detection in clinical and food
- Using microalgal technology for carbon dioxide reduction and biodiesel production
Molecular regulation Lab–PI: Dr. Hwei-Ling Peng
- Molecular pathogenesis of the infections caused by the opportunistic bacteria Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Vibrio vulnificus.
- Molecular regulation of the two component signal transduction systems (TCS) in K. pneumoniae and P. aeruginosa.
- Genome-wide analysis of the expression of multiple fimbriae in K. pneumoniae.
Bioorganic and Molecular Evolution Lab–PI: Dr. Tung-Kung Wu
- The structure-function-mechanism and molecular evolution studies of oxidosqualene cyclase enzymes
- The detection and functional characterization of microbial virulence factors
- The Research on the biosolar energy device design
- The Chinese Herb Screening for Anticancer and Anti-inflammatory Therapy
- The structure-function relationships study of metallopeptidase
Molecular Genetics Lab – PI: Dr. Yun-Liang Yang
- Functional study of morphogenesis/virulence genes of Candida albicans.
- Functional study of drug resistance of Candida albicans.
- Interaction between morphogenesis/virulence and drug resistance in Candida albicans.
- Epidemiology study of fungal infections.
- Functional study of dengue viral genes.
- Anti-viral and Anti-fungal development.
- Microbe-Host interactions.
The Cell Biology and BioChip Lab–PI: Dr. Chiun-Jye Yuan
- The molecular mechanism underlying mammalian Ste20-like protein kinase 3 (Mst3)-mediated apoptosis
- Understand the roles of Mst3 in the pathogenesis of disorders, such as preeclampsia and preterm labor, during pregnancy
- Development of biosensors for diagnosis and food analysis
Nano-Biotechnolgy Lab–PI: Dr. Chia-Ching Chang
- Protein Folding
- Functional guided protein-protein interaction networks
- Novel functional biomaterial development
- Single molecule manipulation and imaging.
- Novel functional biomaterial complex development and application
Integrative Systems Biology Lab – PI: Dr. Hsien-Da Huang
- Synthetic and Systems Biology
- microRNA regulation
- Post-transcriptional regulation and RNA processing
- Post-translational modification (PTM)
Molecular Anticancer Lab – PI: Dr. Jui-I Chao
- Anticancer Targets
- Anticancer Drugs
- Anticancer Nanotechnology
Biochemical and Genetic Engineering Lab –PI: Dr. Hsien-Tai Chiu
- Functional Genomics of Natural Products Biosynthesis
- Engineering of Bioactive Molecules by Microbial Enzymes
- Comparative Genomics of Microbial Pathogens for Chemical Genomics
- Enzymology and Protein Engineering
- Systems Biology
Immunology and Oncology Lab–PI: Dr. Kuang-Wen Liao
- Protein Engineering
- Gene Therapy
Computational Chemistry Lab– PI: Dr. Jen-Shiang Yu
- Theoretical coordination chemistry
- Studies in spectroscopy
- Benchmark in high-performance computing
Evolutionary Bioinformatics Lab – PI: Dr. Yeong-Shin Lin
- Dr. Lin’s lab is interested in developing and applying methods and tools in Bioinformatics to study various problems in Genomics, Structural Biology, and Evolutionary Biology.
Cognitive Neuroscience Lab – PI: Dr. Tzai-Wen Chiu
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Biomedical engineering
- Neural plasticity
- Sound coding, tinnitus, bio-signal/image processing
Cytoskeleton and Cellular Morphogenesis Lab – PI: Dr. Eric Hwang
Cellular morphogenesis is the process by which the size or shape of a cell is generated and organized to adapt to certain developmental or environmental changes. The Hwang lab is particularly interested in a morphogenetic process termed neuritogenesis, through which a nerve cell generate its elongated axon and dendrites. It is the fundamental process underlying the establishment and plasticity of neuronal networks. Neuritogenesis can be generally categorized into several distinct steps: neurite initiation, neurite elongation, axonal polarization and growth, dendritic growth, and axon/dendrite maturation.